Q: How do I setup my Thunderbird Mail program?
Posted by - NA - on 24 Apr 2009 12:57 PM
A: Thunderbird email configuration:|
*You can also use smtp.smartt.com or mail.yourdomain for your outgoing
mail server if you edit your advanced settings to ‘Logon Using Secure
Authentication’ for the Outgoing Server.
- Open your Thunderbird E-mail program and Click on Tools and select E-mail Accounts.
- In the new window click on the ‘Add Account..’ button to setup your E-mail account.
- Select Email Account and press Next to continue.
- Enter your name and Email address in the respective fields and press Next to Continue.
- For the Type of incoming server select POP. In the Incoming Server field type in pop.smartt.com, if you have a smart.com e-mail address or mail.yourdomain, if you have a corporate domain email address. In the Outgoing Server field type in smtp.smartt.com, if you are using SmarttNet as your Internet Service Provider, or type in smtp.telus.net or shawmail.vs.shawcable.com, if you are using Telus or Shaw*. Press Next to continue.
- In the Incoming User Name field please type in your full email address. For example, email@example.com. Please repeat this for Outgoing User Name then press Next to continue.
- You will then be prompted to enter an Account Name. In this field you can enter any information that will identify the account. This is helpful if you are planning on creating multiple email accounts on your Thunderbird program. For example you can personalize this section to identify your SmarttNet E-mail from other e-mail addresses by typing in ‘Smartt Mail’. Once you have entered the relavent information press Next to Continue.
- The final screen will provide a summary of the information you have entered. Please take this time to confirm all the settings are correct. Once you have done this press Finish to save the settings and exit out of the Account Wizard.