Q: How do I setup my Mac Mail program?
Posted by - NA - on 29 Apr 2009 9:52 AM
A: To setup your Mail program for Mac OSX please follow the instructions provided below:|
- Run Mail.
If you are doing so for the first time, you will be prompted to create an account. (Continue to Step 4)
If you are simply adding a new account, click the Mail menu then click Preferences
- Click the Accounts tab.
- Click the + button:
- Enter your information as follows:
- Select POP from the drop down menu.
- Enter a description for the account you are creating. This is displayed within Mac Mail to help you identify the account in future.
- Enter the name to show next to your email address when sending email.
- Enter the email address for the account you are setting up.
- Enter information for the Incoming Mail Server as follows:
Incoming Mail Server
- Enter the incoming server name. For SmarttNet emails pop.smartt.com and for corporate emails mail.yourdomain.
- Enter your username. This will be your full email address – for example, email@example.com
- Enter the password associated with this mail account.
- Enter information for the Outgoing Mail Server as follows:
- Outgoing Mail Server
- Enter the outgoing server name, which is smtp.smartt.com or for corporate emails mail.yourdomain.
- Make sure the Use Authentication option is unchecked.
- You will now see a summary of the account information you have entered. Check that everything has been typed in correctly and click Continue. Click Go Back if you need to change any of the settings.