Q: How do I setup a dial up connection with my new Macintosh?
Posted by - NA - on 09 Jun 2009 1:57 PM
A: The newest version of Mac OS which comes equipped with Dial Up capability (an internal dial up modem and properly installed drivers) is Mac OS Tiger. Below you will find instructions on how to configure your machine for SmarttNet Dial up:|
- Select the Apple menu and go to Location and select Network preferences
- Your Network preferences window will appear. In the window select 'Internal Modem' from the 'Show' menu
- Select PPP from the tabs below and fill in the following information:
Service Provider: SmarttNet
Account Name: (the username you chose or SmarttNet assigned to you)
Password: (your password)
Telephone Number: Use the correct phone number from the list found below. Please do not use any hyphens or spaces
Lower mainland: 604 473 9747
Victoria: 250 380 0560
Abbotsford: 604 850 7825
Please also be sure to check 'Save password'.
- Click on PPP Options. Please be sure that you check/uncheck the parameters as shown below.
Then click OK to continue.
- Lastly, select Apply Now to save the settings.