A: The following are instructions to configure your SmarttNet email for your Outlook 2007.
1. Click on the Windows button in the menu bar, and then on "Control Panel".
2. If the Control Panel is organized by category please select 'Classic View' as indicated below:
3. Next locate the "Mail" icon and double click on it to open the program.
4. If you see the picture below go to step 4-i and 4-ii. If not go to step 5
i. Click on Add.
ii. In the next window enter the name for your profile for example “New Email” then click OK.
5. The configure email account window will appear (as shown below), before proceeding select “Manually configure server settings or additional server types”. Then click Next to continue.
6. Choose "Internet E-mail" then click Next.
7. Fill in the following fields with the appropriate information (as provided or instructed by a technical support representative): i. Your Name - the display name you would like people to see when you email them (usually your email address or given name). ii. E-mail Address- your full email address, for example firstname.lastname@example.org. iii. Incoming mail server (POP3): pop.smartt.com or mail.yourdomain.com - if you have a corporate managed domain through SmarttNet. iv. Outgoing mail Server (SMTP): smtp.smartt.com. - If you are using another Internet Service Provider (like Shaw or Telus) you must contact them to obtain the correct information. v. Username: Type in your email address - your entire email address, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. vi. Password: type in your password - if you need to confirm this information please contact our office at 604-473-9700. vii. Select "Remember Password" if you would like the password to be saved. Click Next to continue.
8. On the next screen simply click Finish to complete your email configuration.
9. Then click "Close" to complete the setup process.