Q: ADSL setup for Windows XP
Posted by - NA - on 17 Dec 2008 1:30 PM
|A: ADSL configuration for Windows XP:|
- From the start menu select control panel and then click on Network connections (Classical view) or Network and Internet connections then Network Connections (Category View.
- The network connections window should appear.
- Right click on the Local Area Connection icon then select properties.
- The Local Area Connection Properties window should appear.
- Select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and click the properties button.
- This will open up the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) properties window.
- In the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties window select Use the Following IP address and type in the IP Address, Subnet Mask and Gateway IP information that you were given to by Smarttnet.
- Then select Use the following DNS server addresses and type in the following numbers in the proper field:
Perferred DNS server: 220.127.116.11
Alternate DNS server: 18.104.22.168
- Click Ok to save the information and Ok again to complete the configuration.