Q: Set Up Netgear Router for ADSL
Posted by - NA - on 17 Dec 2008 1:41 PM
|A: Netgear Router configuration: |
- Open a web browser (Internet Explorer) and in the address bar type in 192.168.1.1 and click on Go.
- A window will appear asking for a username and password. If you are accessing your router for the first time or have not changed the username or password the default settings are as follows: (case sensitive)
- A window will then appear, simply select yes and click next
- The setup wizard will automatically start. Change the settings from what you see in the image below to the following:
Does your internet connection require a login? Select NO
Internet IP address select Use Static Ip Address
For the options IP Address, IP Subnet Mask, Gateway IP Address type in the IP address that was given to you by Smarttnet.
Domain Name Server (DNS) Address select Use these DNS Servers then type in the following information:
Primary DNS: 184.108.40.206
Secondary DNS: 220.127.116.11
- Click on Apply to save the settings.